Vandero 2 wheels are shipping to shops and distributors now. You can expect them to be available in a week or two (if not sooner). As with all new machine built wheels, we highly recommend re-tensioning and re-truing the wheel after a few days of continuous use. Individual Vandero 2 hubs will be available soon.
COMPLETE WHEEL INFO:
– Black Vandero 2 Hub (36-H only).
– Black OEM Spokes.
– Hazard Lite Rim (chrome or hard anodized black).
– 2 lbs. 3 oz. with stock rim strip.
– Pricing will be slightly higher than the original Vandero wheel, but should remain in the same basic range.
VANDERO 2 HUBS:
The Vandero 2 is over three ounces lighter than the original Vandero, with only a minimal change in the suggested retail price. Employing G-Sport axle technology, this is essentially a mix of the Vandero and the Marmoset. What’s the difference? The Marmoset has a stronger axle, bigger bearings and uses the highest quality materials available. The Vandero 2 is an affordable alternative that allows us to make reasonably priced factory built wheels.
– 17mm 7075-T6 helicoiled aluminum axle
– 3/8″ G-Sport axle bolts w/17mm wrench flats & 6mm allen key slots.
– 2014-T6 forged Vandero hub shell (36-H only).
– 7075-T6 collars.
– 8.5 ounces (weight includes all hardware.)
– Black, Polished and limited editions.
Recent steps have been taken to ensure that the bearing seats on all of our hubs are being held to the tightest possible machining tolerances during manufacturing. We guarantee it.
A big post on the Plegs will be up tomorrow. They’re not available yet, but we’ll give you a lot of news on where we’re at, as well as some interesting comments from the riders that are using them right now.